Post by Jeff Logue of Retechulous, LLC
One of the most challenging aspects of real estate SEO marketing is the ability to gain and attract links back to your website. In the past, many marketers would either purchase these links or use any available source to point back to their main page, in order to show the search engines that they were relevant for their chosen keywords.
However, in this ever evolving world of algorithm changes, link building is now much more about quality than quantity. In fact, many of the old SEO practices that used to work effectively can now have a negative impact on your website. Therefore, it is vital that you diversify your real estate SEO marketing efforts by implementing some of the following practices:
- Guest Blogging & Commenting: By taking the time to build relationships with other local real estate professionals, you will be able to find opportunities where you can share some of your expertise and knowledge by writing on their blogs. This will build up credibility for you and those you help write for, plus Google will see each back link as being highly targeted. Additionally, it is good practice to post comments on other related blogs from time to time.
- Directory & Social Bookmark Submissions: These are two other great resources that you can use to promote your site to even larger audiences. By submitting to the top directories, you will be able to build more links and also attract other outside viewers who can easily share your website’s information as well.
- Social Media: You should use both onsite and offsite tools for your real estate SEO marketing. WordPress provides a ton of great options to include social share plugins on your site, where visitors can easily promote your posts and pages on Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc. Additionally, be sure to create your own Facebook page, Twitter account, and other social networking profiles where you can provide continual updates.
- Video Marketing: Another powerful strategy that most agents are currently not using is real estate video marketing. Take advantage of this untapped traffic generator, which is highly favored by the search engines. Videos are one tool that can easily go viral and quickly boost rankings.
- Article Directories & Web 2.0: One final real estate SEO marketing strategy you can implement is submitting articles to directories like Ezinearticles or blogs such as Squidoo. It is a good idea to distribute content among various platforms and always use unique, quality content.
In conclusion, taking the time to follow a link building strategy that focuses on diversification will help ensure that you maintain good rankings for years to come!